Airport on the wall

DIY + Hobby

Model aircrafts who lost their stands
^001. I had some model aircrafts lying around which over the time had lost their stands and would bump all over my shelves. So I hit upon this idea to put them on my wall.

DSC_0140
^002. The inverted model to show the holes that were used to fix them to the board. The holes were already available on the base of models, earlier used to fix them to their stands.

The TOY chopper
^003. The board was a scrap piece of plywood, painted & stencilled by my 4 year old neighbour. So there you have a board in her favorite color instead of black chalk paint that I wanted. The beautiful ‘H’ interestingly stands for her name rather than being a symbol for Helipad. ­čÖé

The holes for tooth picks
^004. The holes in the board. One can see “CLEAN UP” job of my little neighbour on the ‘H’

Tooth picks for fixing aircraft models
^005. The toothpicks inserted into the plywood base.

This is how the toothpicks were fitted
^006. The top end of toothpicks were inserted into the holes at the base of aircraft models.
This particular model was fitted to the holes, seen on top right hand corner of the board.

All aircrafts in place. My 4 year old neighbour heped in making the 'H' for herlicopter
^007. The ready airport. The 6″ scale on left is to give an idea about its actual size.

Airport on the wall
^008. Airport on the wall

Airport on the wall
^009. Airport on the wall. The chopper was fitted using pin holes and passing metal wire through them.

Advertisements

6′ Corner tall Lamp

Woodwork

Bulb Holder

^001. The holder assembly was salvaged from a broken lamp

Holder with extension (curtain) pipe

^002. I drilled a dowel and inserted the holder assembly and pushed it flush into curtain rod.

The tower with niche on one side

^003. The tower was actually an accent made for some house modification during our neighbor’s apartment renovation but was later thrown away. I used the niche for some pleasant lighting. See final product.

Note the bronze on holder assembly. The whole extension pipe was later painted with bronze spray paint.

The closed side of tower

^004. The tower with closed end.

Top of tower with hole for extension pipe

^005. The color combo for tower was major issue as I did not want a complete bronze color, so after some thinking we settled for turquoise.

Tower prior painting in turquosie

^006. The tower with top section painted in turquoise and the hole for vertical extension pole. We inserted the bronze painted pole to check color combination & results were quite fantastic. OPEN END.

Tower prior painting in turquosie

^007. The tower with top section painted in turquoise and the hole for vertical extension pole. We inserted the bronze painted pole to check color combination & results were quite fantastic. CLOSED END

Tower with distressed turquoise paint

^008. Somewhere down the line, I chose the distressed look.

Tower with distressed turquoise paint

^009. A closer look on paint.

Tower with distressed turquoise paint

^010. The turquoise painted tower, its not the final look.

The base will be painted in bronze, same as extension and TOP of lamp

^011. The turquoise painted tower base, its not the final look.

The base will be painted in bronze, same as extension and TOP of lamp

^012. The turquoise painted tower base, its not the final look.

I added some bronze glitter fabric paint in clear varnish and gave a golden hue to tower

^013. I added some glitter fabric paint in clear wood varnish and got the desired golden hue over turquoise. ­čÖé

The completed tall lamp

^014. The completed lamp. Note the GLOW in background/corner.

The completed tall lamp. I usually keep the lighted screen towards corner to give the room a warm hue.

^015. The completed lamp. I used rice lights in the niche and put a acrylic sheet for the even glow.